A Message From Me: Finals Week

Hello, my friends. Guess what week it is? That's right. If you're in high school/college, you're fully aware that we are smack dab in the middle of finals week, and life is getting a little hard. Flipping through notes and that textbook you haven't used until this week. Camping out in the library desperately trying to memorize that one definition or formula you just know you're going to forget. Consuming cup after cup of coffee hoping it'll give you enough energy to get you through the day, or at least your first class. I've been there. In fact, as I type, I'm sipping on my third cup of coffee and running on absolutely zero hours of sleep. So yeah. I gotcha. 

I know that you've probably been constantly refreshing your grades page online, freaking out about the possibility of failure. But I'm here today with some positive thoughts and reminders to get you through the rest of this week. Here we go.





  • Take a break in between study sessions. Please. It's healthy and so very necessary. Read a book, take a nap, call a friend, go on a walk, do anything that relaxes you and is not school related.  
  • Smile.
  • Eat three fulls meals a day. You'll be much more focused on the exam if your stomach isn't making whale noises throughout the duration of the class.
  • Avoid ridiculous amounts of caffeine and sugar. I know, it's tempting. But this will just make you even more exhausted and more likely to crash later. Stick to healthy snacks. You'll thank yourself later.
  • You're almost done. The end is so close, especially for you graduating seniors. Keep your eye on that silver lining.
  • This one I can't stress this enough. Sleep.  It's the most important thing you can do. You'll be exhausted and unfocused if you spend the entire night before the test cramming. Just please, please sleep. (I know, I know. I just said I was running on coffee and no sleep, but i don't have an exam today, so it's different. Shhh)
  • Last and most importantly, Remember that you a smart, strong individual, and grades do not define who you are. You've worked so hard this week, and you deserve to be proud of yourself. Reward yourself for all your hard work. You deserve it.

Good luck on the rest of your finals, friends. You got this. Push yourself to do your best. Take breaks when you need to. You can do it.

Love, Hannah


Twitter: hannahlaur3
Instagram: hannahlaur3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy (And Unhealthy) Signs in a Relationship

How To Kick That Bad Mood in the Butt

Toxic People: How to Spot Them and Get Out Of That Situation Right Freaking Now